Let me introduce you to Scythe Saga Records. This extremely interesting project is the brainchild of Jon Reilly (aka Jon of the Shred) and Jean-Pierre Van Damme, along with a collective of others with different skillsets to help this conceptual frame of reality. The underlying theme is a series of concept albums and compilations, most of which tie together in the same universe. Head on over their website to spend an immersive time exploring this amazing landscape.
This bring us to the latest offering “Neon Wolves II – Lost City”.
I spoke to Jean-Pierre about this latest compilation.
Thanks for talking to me Jean-Pierre, what can you tell me about This trilogy of graphics novels and soundtracks.
“The characters and story was created by Jon Reilly (aka Jon of the Shred) and myself.
This massive compilation is a fantastic collection of big-name and lesser-known synthwave artists, and it certainly contains something to please everyone. Just check out this tracklist.
- Cody Carpenter – Welcome to Lost City
- Europaweite Aussichten – Son of a Knife
- Absolute Valentine – Flesh of Fallan Angels
- Neoslave – Hypnotic Nightmares
- Speed machine – Bloody and Death
- Jon of the Shred – The End is Nigh!
- KFDDA – Shadows of Macropolis
- Beckett – Death Reversed
- Nightstalker – Curse of Life
- Microchip Terror – End of All Days
- Damokles – Gates of Khykvin
The website and bandcamp pages are full of treats, and fully deserve a deep-dive into this private dystopian universe. Do yourselves a favour! and put aside a good few days of pure listening pleasure and graphic novel exploration.